Meeting planners know that when it comes to the quality of a meeting and the satisfaction of attendees, the right – or wrong – hotel can make all the difference in the world. Fortunately, meetings technology company Cvent recently took all the guesswork out of the equation, releasing their annual list of the “Top 100 Meeting Hotels in the United States.” And we’re excited to announce that the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel was among the top 50!
The Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel was selected from a pool of 80,000 hotels in the nation on the Cvent Supplier Network, a free online marketplace that connects meeting planners with over 200,000 venues and service providers worldwide. We were ranked #35 on the list, based on a set of qualifying criteria, some of which included:
- The number of electronic request-for-proposals (RFPs) received from the Cvent Supplier Network in 2011;
- Average response rate to the RFPs sent through the marketplace;
- The number of meeting rooms available;
- The total square footage of meeting space offered; and
- The amount of business awarded in 2011 by meeting planners through the Cvent Supplier Network.
Given the extensive number of meeting hotels in the nation, it is indeed an honor to be recognized for our commitment to the meetings and events business. As the largest hotel in Colorado (1,231 guest rooms and 135,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space including nearly 50 meeting rooms), we host many meetings and events, both large and small, and this recognition from Cvent is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our employees and staff.