Have you heard about the changes we made to our loyalty program? Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, our parent company, just announced on Wednesday the launch of the “richest elite traveller benefits in history.” These perks are for our most frequent Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) members: road warriors who travel a ton for business or mega travelers who have the luxury of taking many personal vacations a year (we’re talking 75 nights or more in a Starwood property).
The changes go into effect on March 1 and include new benefits depending on how many nights per year a guest stays at any Starwood property, including the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel. There’s a new lifetime status level, the industry’s first 24-hour check-in (Your24), and personal travel assistants (we like to call them ambassadors). And, if you aren’t on the road that much but still travel “only” 25 – 50 nights per year, we’ve enhanced your benefits as well – because you deserve some TLC away from home, too!
Here’s the full list:
- SPG 100 Nights Benefit: After crossing the 100-night threshold, SPG members are paired with their personal ambassador.
- SPG 75 Nights Benefit: After spending 75 nights with Starwood, members earn four Starpoints for every eligible U.S. dollar spent. Members also get access to Your24 to control their check-in and checkout time.
- SPG 50 Nights Benefit: At 50 nights, members will receive 10 Suite Night Awards to use for room upgrades. Suite Night Awards can be confirmed five days prior to arrival.
- Platinum Members (25 stays or 50 nights annually): You now have the option of complimentary breakfast as part of the welcome gift at check-in. Platinum Members can also choose from bonus Starpoints or a local gift.
- Gold Members (10 Stays or 25 nights annually): You now receive a welcome gift at check-in and can choose from bonus Starpoints, complimentary in-room Internet access or a complimentary beverage.
Now about those ambassadors: they work one-on-one with guests to understand their preferences and what matters to them on each trip to deliver a customized experience on property. They also provide services beyond the hotel and are even empowered to assist guests when they’re not traveling. Need a rental car at the last minute, a dinner reservation at “the” hottest restaurant to impress a client, or a birthday or anniversary gift? They’ll make sure the car rental keys are waiting for you in your room, secure that last-minute reservation, and pick up the perfect present. But they’re not miracle workers: don’t expect them to get you out of the doghouse with your spouse if you forget that anniversary or birthday – you’re on your own with that one!