Journalist Steve Winston was in Denver recently, and wrote about his experience visiting the Mile High City. Some key takeaways and facts he mentions in his article include:
- The airport is now the fifth-busiest in America
- The downtown is considered one of the most walkable in America
- The Denver Performing Arts Complex is the second-largest facility of its kind in America
- There are over 300 restaurants downtown, representing cuisines from every corner of the world
- There are over 200 different beers brewed here, making Denver "The Craft Beer Capital of America"
- There's art, major league baseball, football, hockey, basketball and great shopping
- There are a variety of hotels to choose from, including the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, the largest in Colorado and convenient to everything, as it sits astride the 16th Street Mall
- And last but not least, the Rocky Mountains serve as a reminder that the world's greatest playground is a short drive away.
We're obviously biased, but we agree with Steve when he says that Denver is the heart of the West.
What do you love most about Denver?