Starwood is committed to doing the right thing for the environment, our guests, our meeting planners, and for the communities in which we operate. Sustainability is one of the key investments we have made at Starwood. We have created an integrated, holistic approach that carries through our hotel development, our operating principles, and our community partnerships.We are particularly excited to launch our Sustainable Meeting Practices. This program will help you meet your sustainability goals and it will help us reach ours. Thank you for your business and support which has allowed us to continue to innovate.
Food and Beverage:
- Threatened Species Menu Choice Elimination
- Sustainable Menu Offerings
- E-menu selection options to reduce paper waste
- Lineless buffet tables and bars to reduce linen used and processed by Laundry
- Free flow wines on tap to reduce use of bottles in our venues
- Composting of all food waste from banquet events, kitchen preparations and associate cafeteria; with an average of 546,000 pounds of food composted each year
Recycling of all fluorescent light bulbs, batteries, wiring, telephones, and electronic equipment Recycling of fryer and cooking oil
- Elimination of Styrofoam from entire hotel
- Installation of trash monitoring system on the hotels compactors has resulted in reducing pulls by 50%The toilet paper is EPA compliant with a minimum of 20% recycled content
- Executive Meeting Specialist team use of I-pads for daily needs as opposed to copying all banquet event orders daily for reference
- Light bulbs have been switched out with CFL bulbs and LED fixtures
- Through renovation in 2009 we reduced energy consumed by 1,194,815 kwh, diverting 679 tons of CO2 from the atmosphere
- The Sheraton Denver Downtown received Xcel Energy 2011 Energy Management System Achievement Award for kwh reduction
*Also, for groups of 100 attendees or larger, we can do an analysis of your group's carbon footprint to present to you after departure.
For a list of Hotel Iniciatives, Click Here.
Make a Green Choice is our guestroom sustainabilty program that conserves water, energy and other resources. Reward yourself with a $5 voucher at participating food and beverage outlets or 500 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints® awarded at check-out for each night you decline housekeeping services (except day of departure).
The Green Key Global has awarded the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel with the 4 Star
Key Rating. The Green Key Eco-Rating Program is a graduated rating system
designed to recognize hotels, motels and resorts that are committed to improving
their environmental and fiscal performance. We are dedicated to protecting the
environment through wide ranging policies and practices as it relates to water
conservation, energy conservation and waste minimization.
For more information on the Green Key program and how hotels are rated, please Click Here
|Plan Your Event Home|
|Meet Our Team|
|Safety & Security|