To print Safety & Security information, Click Here.
Event Safety & Security
Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
Facilities Nearest to the Hotel
|AfterOurs Urgent Care||Denver Health Medical Center||Saint Joseph Hospital|
|1515 Wazee||777 Bannock Street||1835 Franklin Street|
|Denver, CO 80202||Denver, CO 80204||Denver, CO 80218|
Lost & Found
Items found in any guest room or public area, by any of our staff or other guests, will be
turned into Lost & Found with our Security Department. Please ask an associate for
assistance in retrieving items at the Security Desk, or by calling 303.626.2589.
Security for your safety and comfort security is provided at all hours for our hotel guests by a dedicated Security Team and Dispatch which handles all security and safety matters. You can reach Security internally at extension 2589, or outside the hotel by calling 303.626.2589. For Emergencies in Guest Rooms, press the Emergency Button on the Guest Room Phone and you will be answered by the Security Dispatcher; in Meeting Rooms or Public Spaces use any House Phone which will automatically connect to our Guest Service Staff who will alert the Security Team of your needs. Hearing Impaired Guests Communication Assistance TTY Kits are available to guests free of charge and installed by the Security Team. To arrange for this, please call Hotel Security at 303.626.2589.
Mile High Meetings
There are two considerations to emphasize for meeting attendees coming to Colorado:
- The air here will seem noticably 'thinner' than at sea level. Attendees should be aware of trying to push themselves through even normal work-outs or even just taking the stairs rather than the elevator. It's also good to remind them nothing is actually wrong if they're momentarily out-of-breath, and perhaps to just sit down a moment.
- The atmosphere will also seem noticably drier than many other areas of the country. Drinking more than the usual amounts of water will help prevent any dehydration; additional water also helps combat influences of higher altitude.
Function Event Rooms
KEYS - FUNCTION EVENT ROOMS
Our function rooms are secured by an electronic key system. This lock system does not include our three large ballroom areas.
There are two ways of securing a function room:
MEETING ROOM (Traditional): Works exactly like a guest room, allowing entry to the room via key card access only.
- Room will be able to be placed on "free-flow" or locked by hotel associates.
RESTRICTED: This allows client only access with the exception of the hotel emergency response team.
- A service fee will be assessed for “Restricted” keys as our key software system will need to be reprogrammed to accommodate this request**
*Certain rooms cannot be restricted, please check with your Catering and Convention Service manager
Should you require more than one area to be secured, and you would like one key for multiple rooms, please contact your Catering and Convention Service for assistance.
**Key issuance ensures that a room is locked but not secured.
The following is recommended for safeguarding your item(s):
• Never leave your Laptop computer unattended
• Always secure unattended event rooms
• Storage is available through our Bell Services area (Lobby Level).
• Safety deposit boxes large enough to accommodate Laptop computers are available (limited offering) at our Front Desk (Plaza Building Lobby Level) at NO CHARGE
Guard Coverage (Security and/or Fire Guard)
Pending type of exhibit display-Fire Guards are required for each of the Exhibit Hall and/or Display Areas. Fire Guard(s) are required during the following schedule: Exhibitor Set-Up, Event Show Hours and Exhibitor Teardown/Move-Out. A Fire Guard and Security Guard cannot perform “double duty”. Arrangements and fees applied for guard coverage may be ordered through your Catering/CS contact the Guard coverage is charged at $45.00/hr., and in cases of less than seven days notice, the fee is $65.00/hr/guard.
Please familiarize yourself with the location of hallway fire exits and stairwells. In the event of a fire, please follow the steps below:
To report a small fire (wastebasket etc.) or smoke, if you are in your guest room accommodations, connect to our security team via the Emergency button on the telephone. Outside our guest room accommodations, just pick-up any in-house telephone and you will be automatically directed to our Security team so that you may provide information about the situation. For any larger observed fire/flame or large amount of smoke, activate the closest fire alarm pull station and follow the steps below:
In case of an emergency that requires you to evacuate the building, the public address system will announce what steps you need to take.
Please keep the following in mind when preparing to evacuate your room:
- Take your key with you.
- Test your door for heat and smoke before exiting by feeling it with the back of your hand.
- Never grab the door handle in the event of a fire or smoke.
- If the hallway is clear, exit by using the nearest stairwell. Take the stairs to the 1st floor.
- Never use the elevators in case of an evacuation.
Should the door be warm or the hallway impassable?
- Place wet towels at the base of the door.
- Contact Hotel Emergency personnel by pushing the emergency button on your guest room accommodation telephone. Please provide in a calm voice your name, room number, and the nature of the emergency.
- Turn off your air conditioner or heater to keep smoke from entering the room.
- Stay low and avoid inhaling smoke.
- DO NOT open windows in the room.
- Again, remain calm until Fire Department personnel arrive on the scene to assist you in the evacuation process.
Security and Medical Emergencies
We encourage you to use the Hotel’s Safety deposit boxes located at the front desk to secure your valuables, including currency and jewelry. The Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal property. Never leave valuables unattended.
The hotel has provided your room with a dead bolt lock and latch. We encourage that you double lock your door when you are inside your room.
It is also important to always first identify individuals before admitting them to your room. Please use the peephole before opening the door for anyone. If you cannot identify someone and would like Security to investigate, please call us via your guest room telephone and push the
Emergency button or via the nearest in-house telephone.
When traveling off-site, please stay in groups and use the organized transportation provided. Otherwise, the use of taxicabs is preferred over the late night driving of personal cars. If separated from the group, please travel with one or more partners. THINK SAFETY!
Vehicle Regulations in Event Space
All Motorized vehicles which include those that are propelled by an internal combustion engine using Class I or Class II fuel such as cars, trucks, motorcycles, aircraft or watercraft must have the battery disconnected at the “hot” lead, and the lead must be safely secured. Also, fuel supplies in the vehicle must not exceed 1/8 tank of gas and the tank must be purged with carbon dioxide (CO2). In addition, all vehicle tanks with fuel must have a locking gas cap or must be sealed with tape. Tractors, chainsaws and other fueled equipment must be safeguarded in the same manner. Vehicles on display require both visqueen® and a drip pan. All motor vehicles must be clean before entering exhibit/display space and runners must be placed for move-in and move-out that consist of visqueen® and plywood. A key to the vehicle must be supplied to the Hotel Security department. Please note: our hotel staff is to move vehicle in through egress of elevator and function event space areas. A fee of $350.00 shall be applied for each vehicle.