Click here to print Porperty Policies & Procedures
Banners and Signage
The Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel prides itself on the appearance of our public area in and around the hotel. Easels are required for placement of signage in our hotel and event space area. We recommend that signage dimensions should not exceed 22” x 28”. Handwritten signs are not permitted. All signs must be professionally created. Using a Flipchart unit with handwritten information is not permissible.
Banners or large signs may be located inside your assigned function event space. To hang a banner, the fee is $100.00 per banner. Any banner or sign hung in event space must be hung by the in house SWANK AV team. Please order your banner hanging requests in advance of your event.
To protect our hotel, we regret that you are not allowed to affix anything to Hotel walls, doors or fixtures. If you have any requests, please direct them to your Catering and Convention Service Manager for assistance.
With our new state of the art daily event FOUR WINDS reader boards outside our function rooms and in our public areas, we do not allow any sign presentation in our Plaza Building main Lobby area.
Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and Guarantee Process
A BEO is a communication tool used to provide details to our hotel service operation team focusing on food and/or beverage and meeting event requirements. BEOS for your event should be finalized at least two to three weeks prior to the start of the event and/or group arrival.
As presented on our BEO: “The final guaranteed number (GTD #) of guests for each function is due 72 hours (three (3) business days) prior to the start of the event.
If the GTD # is not received, billing will be charged based upon the expected number shown on the BEO. Food items are prepared by our culinary professionals based on the GTD #.
Food & Beverage prices are subject to a 22% Service fee charge and 8.0% applicable tax (subject to change without notice). By signing each BEO, the customer represents and accepts that the BEO is a binding contract agreement. The 22% service charge of the total food and beverage revenue (plus all applicable taxes) will be added and is retained by the Hotel. No fee or charge is a tip, gratuity, or service charge for any employee.
If you request or exceed 3% set above the guarantee number for food and chairs in room, a fee increase on the menu price per person will be added to cover additional expenses the hotel will incur.
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions presented with your Banquet Event Orders provided by your Catering and Convention Service Manager.
Billing and Credit
For charges of $10,000.00 and less, full prepayment of the estimated final master account invoice will be required prior to the group’s arrival/event date. Payment may be made via credit card or check made out to the attention of the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel. The credit card submitted will be charged five (5) days prior to the event date. A check must arrive at least fourteen (14) business days prior to the start of the event. Wire Monetary transfer to our hotel is available. Contact your Catering and Convention Services Manager for details.
Cash Paid Out Requests
The Hotel is to be notified prior to your group’s arrival of the need for any Cash Paid Outs. Cash Paid Outs may be processed Monday-Friday during normal business hours (8:00 AM -5:00 PM). Should you wish to process a paid out on SATURDAY or SUNDAY, please inform your Catering and Convention Services Manager accordingly. If the amount requested is $500.00 or more, please contact your Catering and Convention Services Manager as you will be required to send a check to our hotel, prior to your group-event arrival.
Certificate of Insurance
Outside vendors and decorators must have certificate of Insurance on file thirty (30) days prior to move in. Certificate should be sent to the attention of the Convention Services/Catering Manager assigned to you.
Check cashing privileges are available at the front desk for Hotel guests only. Guests may cash checks up to $100.00 per day. The following guidelines for check cashing will apply:
- Must be a Hotel guest
- Must have identification
- Name and address must be printed on the check (No P.O. Box or driver’s license numbers please)
- Must be approved electronically
- No business checks can be cashed
Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Gold & Platinum members may cash checks for up to $300.00 per day.
Check-In / Check-Out
Any guest who departs earlier than the departure date confirmed at check-in will be assessed an early departure fee.
Coat check service can be arranged with 72 hours (three business days) notice directly through your Catering or Convention Services Manager.
- Coat check attendants are $125.00 each for up to 4 hours. This is a one-time charge.
- Each additional hour beyond the 4-hours will be charged at $75.00 per hour.
Event Set-Up Changes
While we understand that change sometime occur during events, it is important that communication be provided in a timely manner. To meet your service expectations, additional labor may be required. Event Set-Up changes made within 48 hours prior to the start of an event may result in the assessment of an additional labor fee. Your Catering & Convention Services Manager will communicate appropriate fees when applicable.
Event Space Usage Guidelines
Food and Beverage
Due to increasing requirements and quality control issues, all food and beverage to be served on hotel property, including any food and beverage in exhibit booths on the show floor, must be supplied and prepared by the hotel. The hotel asks that the client convey this information to all exhibitors and to the general contractor.
Room deliveries are:
- Items placed inside the guestrooms – $3.50 per room.
- Additional $3.00 for each additional item
- Items placed outside the guestroom door entrance – $3.00 per room
NOTE: It is against the liquor laws to allow any outside alcohol into the Hotel. This includes anything that may be included in amenity bags. You may, however, purchase alcohol from the Hotel to be included in your amenity deliveries.All charges for guestroom deliveries may be billed to your group’s master account or an individual’s guestroom folio. Contact your Catering and Convention Services Manager for arrangements.
Guestroom Key Card Logo Presentation
Your company or event logo on our Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel key cards: The charge for your logo on our guest room keys is $1.00 per card distributed at our Front Desk during the event’s check-in process.
You may contact our vendor/partner key card company directly:
Contact “PLASTICARD- LOCKTECH INTERNATIONAL (PLI)” at 1-800-752-1017. Ask for Ms. Darcie Kolar @ ext 290, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. PLI will work directly with you on the logo information for our guest room accommodation key cards. Charges for this logo (*separate from above) service will be handled by PLI and you directly. As an FYI: Our Lock system is called Safe lock. The size of our guest room key is similar to a credit card: 2 1/8 inches X 3 5/18 inches. Thickness: 21-23 mil.
Once the logo key card information is finalized, the keys should be sent no more than seven (7) days prior to the convention event to:
Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
1550 Court Place / Denver / CO / 80202
HOLD-SPONSOR KEY DISTRIBUTION, (Event Dates)
To ensure that we meet and exceed your expectations, once you have confirmation from PLI, please send your Catering and Convention Service Manager a message stating all your arrangements along with the Credit Card Authorization form or check payment Thus, we can communicate to our Front Desk that your company will be sponsoring Logo Key Cards for attendees during the event.
In addition, a SAMPLE CARD with your company or event logo/art work should be sent to the Catering and Convention Service Manager (c/o our hotel) to test in our system; prior to your group arrival and production of said cards.
Hospitality Suite Entertaining
Because our suites are surrounded by guest rooms, we ask that you keep the following in mind if entertaining in a suite: any music must be background in nature; no instrument is to be amplified; a 10:00 PM music curfew exists. Complaints from other guests to the Hotel about volume levels will bring an end to the entertainment, regardless of any existing contract between the musicians and the guest / organization registered to the suite accommodations.
Metered Parking- Court Place
If parking meters need to be bagged, please call the City of Denver, Department of Public Works, at 303-446-3759 or Click Here
A document containing a diagram of meters around the hotel reflecting the meter numbers (required by the city), technical information and application are available via your Catering and Convention Services Manager.
We regret that our hotel cannot relocate any public furniture offerings for use in a specific event room for a function (i.e. Green room, office etc.)
Additional lamps, desks, filing cabinets and sofas may be rented through a local vendor service at your expense. Contact your Catering and Convention Services Manager for assistance.
Oversize Vehicle Parking
Central & USA Parking
· 18th & Broadway –very large surface lot
· 16th & Cleveland –fairly small lot
· 15th & Glenarm – two adjacent lots behind the Pavilions
Near Holy Trinity Church at 18th & Broadway
The Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel has two baby grand pianos for functions. The tuning fee is $200, which includes the cost of tuning and moving. Use of the Piano is subject to availability. The Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel staff is unable to place pianos on staging, however, we can contact a local vendor to provide this service for additional fees, if requested.
Bell Services are available to provide round-trip or one way porterage for your guests. The current fee is $7.00 per person, round trip or $4.00 per person one way. Price is subject to change without notice. Please contact your Convention Services Manager for further information.
The Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel recognizes that certain guests/clients may elect to bring in a third party supplier of audio visual services. The hotel is able to meet any such requests provided the Production Guidelines listed below are followed and a copy of these guidelines are signed by the guest/client, the third-party supplier and provided to the hotel at least 45 days prior to the event. In the event you select an outside production company to handle your AV needs at the Sheraton Denver Hotel, you will incur ancillary charges at prevailing rates. These guidelines have been developed to ensure the utmost safety and care for all guests of the hotel and the hotel premises, and to uphold a level of service and quality that is necessary to ensure a successful event.
- A Swank Audio Visuals Coordinator will be assigned to work with the outside supplier at prevailing rates ($600 per day minimum, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Additional charges will apply for nights, weekends, and holidays.) This person will oversee all load-in/load-out activities within the Ballroom areas, act as a liaison and point of contact for unforeseen production needs, and ensure that standards and policies of the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel are followed.
- The Coordinator will approve all rigging layouts, designs, power needs and planning.
- Any set-ups requiring ground supported equipment exceeding 10 feet in elevation will require a Swank Audio Visuals coordinator to supervise as stated above.
- Due to multiple-group usage of our function space, the Production Company must submit a completed “Production Event Planner” which contains; schedule of activities for set-up, rehearsals and teardown times, rigging and power needs. Please contact your Catering and Convention Service Manager or Swank Audio Visuals for details. This information shall be presented no later than 30 days prior to the event/group arrival date to avoid delays. Information submitted less than 30 days prior will be subject to an additional charges. Arrangements for direct billing to your production company must be made at least thirty (30) days in advance; otherwise, you will have to arrange to credit card only before your scheduled event. To assure a speedy response to any on-site additions, the Hotel
- Only Swank Audio Visuals is authorized to access secured areas (above ballroom ceilings, storerooms, amp rooms, etc).
- The Production Company must register on a daily basis with our security base team station on the tower dock upon arrival. The Production Company staff must register daily with hotel security and be issued contractor identification each day on premises. Visitor badges must be worn at all times.
Outside personnel must wear clothing that is clean and neat in appearance.
- The Sheraton Denver Downtown has no storage space for outside a/v provider related packages. Should you anticipate needing significant storage, please contact your Catering and Convention Services Manager for availability and arrangements. Be sure to include dressing rooms, private storage rooms, and move-in/move-out dates, (move-in/move-out may be conducted only during the scheduled time contracted by your group). Should storage space be required for any audio visual equipment or project while a company is on site, full room rental may be assessed for each day the space is required. At no time will a production company be allowed to store freight, crates or equipment in any public or service areas, including back hallways or the loading dock.
- The use of outside lifts is not permitted.
- Lifts will be operated by Swank Audio Visuals personnel exclusively at a rate of $60/per hour (4 hr. min), Additional charges will apply for overtime, weekends and holidays.
A representative of Swank Audio Visuals must complete all connections to structural steel or hang points. Charges will be posted to the master account of the in-house group.
- Colorado Law requires a fire watch in the event your production necessitates deactivating our life/safety system within your contracted space. It is the responsibility of the ProductionCompany to obtain all necessary permits.
- The necessary permits and a detailed schedule of events pertaining to the Fire Watch are required no less than 14 days prior to the event/group arrival date. Information submitted less than 14 days prior will be subject to an additional 30% surcharge.
- After obtaining applicable permits from the Denver Fire Department for the display requiring de-activation of the Life/Safety system, Hotel security will obtain fire watch personnel. The charge for this service is approximately $100.00/hr. depending on the number of fire watch personnel needed as determined by the permit issued. Fire watch is required from one hour prior to de-activation of system to one hour after system is put back on line. Charges will be applied to the Master Account.
Three copies of the permit are needed: one for FCC, one for the Engineering Department and one master copy
Rehearsal Sound Standards in Function Event Space
Sound levels are to be appropriate for the contracted event space and are not to interfere with activities of any other event. Actual meetings in progress take precedence over any sound check or rehearsal. Please respect any request regarding sound levels you may receive from Hotel Management. Our Hotel reserves the right to terminate any event in the instance of inappropriate sound levels.
Sheraton Denver Downtown has a smoke-free policy. All guest rooms, public areas located within the hotel, as well as all meeting areas are designated non-smoking. Any guest that smokes in a guest room will be charged a $200 fee. Designated smoking areas are located outdoors
Taxes (Subject to Change)
- Audio Visual Charges | 22% service charge | 7.62% sales tax
- Guest Rooms | 14.75% lodging tax
- Food & Beverage | 22% service charge | 8.0% sales tax
- Chef-Culinary Professional fee
- Bartender fee
- No service charge
- No sales tax
- Room Rental | 22 % service charge | No sales tax